Let me introduce you to my new favorite cookie, the rose cookie! I have seen these cookies all over Pinterest and the web, and they were like love at first sight! I fell in love with them since the moment I saw them.
I knew I wanted to add the rose cookies to the Baptism cookie set. If you want to read the first part of the Baptism cookie set check out How to Make Monogram Cookies with Royal Icing Transfers. These rose cookies were so much fun to make! Not only were they fun but so incredibly easy! I love the big puffy swirl it looks so pretty!
- Round Cookie Cutter (I used 2.5″)
- Stiff Royal Icing
- Wilton Pink Gel Colors
- Piping Bag
- Ateco Piping Tip #846
- Pink Disco Dust
- Small Spatula
- Baked Cookies
- Place you stiff royal icing in a clean bowl and with a toothpick add pink gel color to your royal icing. With a small spatula mix the gel into your royal icing until you can’t see any streaks.
- Place your Ateco piping tip #846 into your piping bag and add your pink royal icing.
- Starting at the center of your cookie pipe a star but without releasing pressure continue a clockwise swirl moving towards the outer edge of the cookie.
- As you are about to complete the swirl gradually release pressure and pull the royal icing so that the swirl becomes thinner.
- Sprinkle pink disco dust over the top of the swirl.
I have included a GIF below to show you how it’s done! (or should I say my wonderful husband made it for me)
Can you imagine the possibilities with this cookie? You can change the color for Valentine’s Day, 4th of July, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Birthdays and even the Super Bowl!
I hope you enjoy making these as much as I did! If you have any questions please leave me a comment below.
Thank you for stopping by!